Victory: Four Months In
“Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.” ~Roger Caras
Below are some things that we learned about Victory this month:
- She took her first visit to the pet store and she did really well! This is the first time we took her to a public place. Everyone at the pet store thought she was gorgeous! Of course, we agreed! We purchased Victory some chew toys that she loves, including a Rainbow Care Bear chew toy! I had the same Care Bear when I was a kid, except it was not a chew toy!
- She did really well when we took her recently to a friend’s house for dinner! Our friend has two dogs and Victory had a good time! Everyone loved her and wanted to pet and hold her!
- She out grew her raincoat! Victory is getting more fur in and she has gained some weight since we adopted her! As a result, I ordered her the next size up of the same rain coat along with matching boots (rain and snow boots) shown below!
- She loves rice cakes — we only give her little crumbs!
- She is getting more confidence and is almost ready to go into our dinning room and kitchen! Currently, she only goes to our bedroom and living room! She loves when Doug roasts a chicken in the crock pot as she knows that she will get some chicken for dinner, and hopefully, this will get her in the kitchen at some point!
- She is still eating her dinner on the sofa!
- She is getting us up less during the night for a drink of water — she is sleeping more!
- She, along with both of us, begin training classes next month with little Victory!
- She is waking me up giving us kisses — licks on the eyes and ears in the morning! Victory is quite affectionate!
- She still loves to cuddle, I call her my little cuddle bug!
- She missed her Daddy recently when he went away on travel!