Victory: Seven Months In
“We dream of a day when humans take responsibility for their actions and realize that dogs are a privilege, not a right.” ~Unknown
Below are some things that we learned about Victory this month:
- She completed her Level I dog training (and we think that we will enroll in another training class soon)!
- She went out to eat with us a few times this month and she had a great time, although she is still a little scared walking in parking lots, so we carry her!
- She went with us to get ice cream for the first time at Ritas! She did a great job and she loved the vanilla custard (we gave her a few licks)!
- She had another bath, and she is doing better and tolerating her bath time a little more each time. She looks so fluffy and feels so soft after a bath!
- She still loves to chew, and she chewed my scarf to pieces last week that I sat on the bed while I took a shower! (Now, I know not to set my clothes on the bed in the morning for fear she will chew them! During these times, I tell her “no chew chew,” (except for when she chews the daylights out of her toys) and then her ears go down and she skirts away, and then I feel badly!)
- She still loves going to the dog park and since the weather has been so much nicer, we go to the park a couple of times a week with Victory. She still loves the ‘big dogs’ and she looks so dainty and small in comparison — imagine little Victory looking up and sniffing a Great Dane, which happens often!
- She loves to put her front paws on the armrest and her back paws on the back seat while in the car when we are driving — she loves going for rides in the car! (Don’t worry, I hold onto her and she then comes into my lap, and I wish there was a way that I could capture this in the car — she is so, so happy!)
- She still loves evening walks in her Hound About, which she inherited from her brother, Biscuit! Everyone in the new neighborhood just smiles when they soon discover a little golden sheltie, Victory, in the Hound About, while we are out for a walk!
- She recently started to put her head and snout next to my head and face during the night. Now, I wake up to her little head leaning up against my face each morning!
- We celebrated our first Mother’s Day together — more on that tomorrow!
- Her sheltie furs keep coming in and she if filling out well! (We can’t wait to do a before and after photo at the one year mark, in October!)
- She still has not barked as of yet!
- She is still waking us up for her nightly drink of water, despite our efforts — we are still working on this!
- Most of all, we love her so very much!