Victory: Ten Months In
“Home is where the dog is.” ~Unknown
Below are some things that we learned about Victory this month:
- Her fur coat is really coming in and she is looking more filled out!
- She continues to enjoy riding in the car!
- She loves to hop into her Daddy’s lap while in the car! (Don’t worry, Doug does not drive with her on his lap. She likes to hop over when we are stopped at intersections!)
- She still loves to go on outings and since the fall is approaching next month, and it is our favorite time of year, we plan on taking Victory for some fun outings!
- She has started going down the stairs in our house by herself. We previously carried her!
- She now sits under my desk at my feet. This makes the day so much better with Victory by my side. This is a big feat as Victory used to run out of my office down to her ‘hut!’ She is definitely feeling more comfortable in our home, which she runs! We would not have it any other way!
- She is still very much enjoying her rides in her Hound About and it is very sweet when she pokes her head through the top of the Hound About while we push her around the neighborhood!
- She tolerates her Doggles!
- She loves when Doug grills and she has been going outside on the deck with her sniffer in the air!
- Bedtime is her favorite time of the day. She even puts herself to bed when she is ready — it is hilarious — I guess that is her way of rounding up her pack (us)! She gives us tons of kisses and likes to play before bed. This usually adds another half an hour before we actually can go to sleep!
- She still has not barked as of yet! The vet said that this is ok — it is just the way our little Victory is! (She is the quietest dog that we have ever met!)
- Most of all, we love her so very much!