Things I Love: Winter 2014
Can you believe that it is officially winter! The time is flying by! Shown below are a few things that I am loving!
1. Baby Powder – I love using Johnson and Johnson’s baby powder on Victory. In between monthly baths, we use baby powder to keep Victory looking and smelling fresh. I try and brush Victory’s fur out each day and then I add a bit of baby powder to her fur coat, which soaks up any oils and keeps her smelling fresh. The baby powder is great for behind the ears, where long-haired dogs tend to get greasy!
2. Diaper Genie – Since moving to our new neighborhood, there are not any pet waste receptacles. (We hope that this will change!) As such, we had to find a way to dispose of little Victory’s poops! As such, we bought a Diaper Genie and put it in the garage. So far it is working and keeping any foul odors at bay! If you need a way to dispose of your pet’s waste, this is a good option. However, we shall see how this holds up in the warm summer months! Thankfully, Doug takes care of the full Diaper Genie bags!
3. Make Your Creative Dreams Real – I am currently reading this book per the recommendation of a friend. It is a really good book for creatives! This book is very helpful for procrastinators and perfectionists — and give practical advice on following your dreams and calling. This is a must read!
4. Crock Pot – Since it has gotten colder, Doug has been using our Crock Pot to make us some yummy dinners! The Crock Pot has come in really handy and there are endless recipes to try and experiment with!
5. Snoozies – I have been wearing my Snoozie slippers since it has become more cold! I even bought a few pairs for Doug! They are very comfortable and I can wash them easily in the washer! If you are in need of slippers these are great — there is even traction at the bottom of the slippers so you won’t slip on your hardwood floors!
6. Peppermint Shake from Chick-Fil-A – We do not normally eat too often at Chick-Fil-A, but we love the ice cream from Chick-Fil-A! Doug usually gets a large vanilla ice cream cup, which he shared with Biscuit and he now shares with little Victory! I especially love this time of year because I can get the peppermint shake, my all time favorite shake!
7. Noosa Yogurt – I recently discovered Noosa Yogurt at Wegmans. It is a rich Greek yogurt that comes in a variety of flavors. I love yogurt, so I am always venturing out and trying new types — brands and flavors of yogurt!
8. Hot Chocolate – Since it has gotten colder, I am enjoying hot chocolate! A cup of hot chocolate with marshmallows warms me up after we get home from a long walk outside with Victory!