I love quotes. I collect these quotable magnets that adorn the side of my refrigerator. (My quotable magnets are currently packed until we move to our new house!) I got quote #11, my first quotable magnet, shown below, right before leaving for law school. It was fitting at the time. I had it displayed on my little dorm refrigerator. Below are a few of my favorite quotes that I hope that you find inspiring!
Happy Fourth of July!
1. “Once you make a decision, the universe conspires to make it happen.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
2. “The future is completely open, and we are writing it moment to moment.” ~Pema Chodron
3. “If you think you can do a thing or think that you can’t do a thing, you’re right.” ~Henry Ford
4. “The aim of art is to represent not the outward appearance of things, but their inward significance.” ~Aristotle
5. “The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched – they must be felt with the heart.” ~Helen Keller
6. “I really believe there are things nobody would see if I didn’t photograph them.” ~Diane Arbus
7. “Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies.” ~Mother Teresa
8. “The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time.” ~Abraham Lincoln
9. “Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.” ~Buddha
10. “Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.” ~John Lennon
11. “If you’re going through hell, keep going.” ~Winston Churchill
12. “A man who dares to waste one hour of time has not discovered the value of life.” ~Charles Darwin
13. “Life is a series of natural and spontaneous changes. Don’t resist them – that only creates sorrow. Let reality be reality. Let things flow naturally forward in whatever way they like.” ~Lao Tau
14. “True art is characterized by an irresistible urge in the creative artist.” ~Albert Einstein
15. “The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.” ~Eleanor Roosevelt
16. “If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion.” ~Dalai Lama
17. “Reflect upon your present blessings, of which every man has plenty; not on your past misfortunes, of which all men have some.”
18. “Love recognizes no barriers. It jumps hurdles, leaps fences, penetrates walls to arrive at its destination full of hope.” ~Maya Angelou
19. “Keep love in your heart. A life without it is like a sunless garden when the flowers are dead.” ~Oscar Wilde
20. “You must be the change you wish to see in the world.” ~Mahatma Ghandi
In other news, Biscuit is improving with each day; his drain has been removed and his cone if off — we all are pleased! Despite everything, Biscuit is still smiling. I love his smile and he is an inspiration. Most of all, I love holding Biscuit in my arms — what a wonderful gift.