National Puppy Day!
Tomorrow, March 23, 2013, is National Puppy Day! National Puppy Day is a special day, recognized on March 23 annually, to celebrate the magic and unconditional love that puppies bring to our lives. But more importantly, it is a day to help save orphaned puppies across the globe and educate the public about the horrors of puppy mills, as well as becoming a nation of puppy-free pet stores.
Below are some ways to celebrate National Puppy Day!
1. Adopt a puppy from your local shelter or rescue organization.
2. Volunteer at your local shelter and offer to walk a puppy or play with a puppy, clean cages or anything else that the shelter or rescue organization may need help with.
3. Donate money, food, and/or toys to local organizations.
4. Write your Congressman/Congresswoman and ask that he/she support the ban of puppy mills in your state.
5. Microchip and get an I.D. tag for your puppy.
6. Have a puppy party and invite all of your puppy friends and their respective puppies over!
7. Have your puppy photographed or painted to commemorate your puppy!
8. Buy your puppy a fun new puppy toy.
9. Buy your puppy a comfy new bed.
10. Teach your puppy a new trick!
Doug and I believe every day is Puppy Day! We plan to celebrate National Puppy Day with Biscuit by taking him for an outing, which he always enjoys…as long as it is not an outing to the vet! We hope for warmer temperatures soon, as it will provide us with more flexibility to take Biscuit to more places with us more regularly! Biscuit does enjoy going to Lowes! Biscuit will be getting groomed tomorrow, and he will be going to dinner with us at our friend’s house, which Biscuit will enjoy!
What are you planning for your special furry family member in celebration of National Puppy Day?