Below are a couple of images of Victory and I at the dog park! She loves to be held on my hip — she truly is our furbaby! Victory continues to gain more confidence each day and her sheltie furs keep coming in, which is great! She absolutely loves the dog park, and we usually go to the dog park at least once a week, in addition to our daily walks in the neighborhood, since she loves to go mingle with other doggies at the dog park! This weekend Victory is meeting new sheltie friends for the first time! We are sure that she will have a grand time!
Happy Friday and Happy Easter!
“All animals, except man, know that the ultimate point of life is to enjoy it.” ~Samuel Butler
Beginning in January of this year, I began a weekly photography project with my muse, Victory! I will continue to share this project on the blog! I have also been documenting Victory’s milestones so to speak each month — you can read these here! I think that it is fun to document all of Victory’s changes, while preserving fleeting moments and memories.
Recently, we took Victory to Worthington Dog Park, where she has begun to run and she is beginning to learn to play fetch! Victory loves meeting new doggie friends at the park! She is really blossoming and coming into her own! We are really proud of the progress Victory continues to make and she continues to do well in her training class, with a few more weeks to go!
Why Make Art?
because you feel the need and calling to create
your passion is at the root of creating art
your passion overcomes your fear of uncertainty
you cannot imagine a life not making your art
you feel more alive and fulfilled when you are creating
because, most of all, your art fuels your soul
this is why it is important to follow your passion and share your art with the world
“Don’t cheat the world of your contribution. Give it what you’ve got.” ~Steven Pressfield
Below is an image of what a typical weekend morning looks like. Victory loves to sleep above my head (or Doug’s head) with her back leaning against the headboard! The weekends are nice because things are slower moving and we can sleep in! Sometimes in the morning, Victory snuggles right up against my face with her snout! This image captures our weekend mornings perfectly — serene and peaceful!
“Every morning is a chance at a new day.” ~Marjorie Hinckley
“The average dog is nicer a nicer person than the average person.” ~Andy Rooney
Tomorrow marks six months since we adopted our little Victory! You can read more about the previous months’ milestones here. The time is just flying by and Victory is blossoming!
Below are some things that we learned about Victory this month:
- She is enjoying her dog training class!
- She went to the dog parks for the first time!
- She loves the dog park, and she has begun to run and play fetch at the dog park!
- She is beginning to eat her dinner on her custom Orvis mat and feeder!
- She gave us paw for the first time this month!
- She is giving us tons of kisses in bed right before bed time and she loves to lick Doug’s arm pits via his t-shirt right before bed — she must like his ‘natural scent’!
- She still loves to chew, and she has been chewing away at her little “friends!”
- She loves eating little pieces of her Daddy’s malted waffles on Sunday mornings!
- She absolutely loves chicken and cheese!
- She started giving me her paw this month!
- She let us give her a bath last week without jumping out of the soaker tub!
- She received a clean bill of health at the vet last week at her six month check up! Yay! The vet said that she is just healthy and perfect! She is now 25 pounds!
- She is beginning to eat adult kibble, she eats Fromm kibble.
- She is beginning to spend time on her Orvis bed, which initially she was apprehensive about.
- She loves evening walks in her Hound About, which she inherited from Biscuit!
- She still has not barked as of yet!
- She is still waking us up for her nightly drink of water!
- Most of all, Victory has stolen our hearts and she is her Daddy’s girl through and through!
If you have not already, be sure to check out the six month video of our little Victory! We hope that you have a great weekend. It is supposed to be warm and sunny here — perhaps Spring is finally here!
I recently decided to make my first video (with music) of our little Victory, shown below! I often wish that I had made videos of our precious Biscuit. I only have one video of our Biscuit just prior to his final surgery. However, I am grateful for all the images we have of our beloved Biscuit. In addition to my other series on the blog, it is my intention to make one video per month and share the videos here on the blog with all of you! (Perhaps with more practice, the videos will get more sophisticated!) The video below of our precious Victory is short and low key of her sitting on the sofa, but you will see what a sweet and gentle soul she is along with her true beauty shinning through! Don’t you love her one floppy ear! She also often likes to sit with her front paws under her tummy! To date, we still have not heard her bark!
You can view the video of Victory by clicking on the arrow in the video below or alternatively you can click here.